Categories

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A disturbing ad!

Today I have been working on my marketing plan for next year, so I have been doing a bit of researching for my monthly topics and I just google search images for whatever it is I am looking for.
Not long ago, I was searching beauty campaigns (ie the dove beauty campaign) and positive body image campaigns and I came across this image/ad.

                   You can never be too thin? Think again
Someone actually stuck the 'actually you can' bit on to the advertisement. What a disturbing and horrible ad!



(I think this ad was back in 2010)

I found another blog post:

Fighting for positive body image for young women

Tue 15 Feb 2011
By Anonymous


Here is a small section from this blog post

...Guides Australia put out a report today showing that body image is a major concern for young girls. Australian Guides Say 2010 is a report on the findings of a comprehensive survey of more than 4,239 girls aged 5 to 30 years. Interesting for the representation of women in media:
• 63% of girls aged 10-14, and 75% of those aged 18-30, believe that the media think being “pretty and thin” is the most important thing for girls.
• Pressure to look good was also one of the top 10 worst things about being a girl
It’s not just little girls who feel it. According to Mission Australia’s National Survey of Young Australians 2010, body image is the top personal concern among 11-24 year old young Australians. This highly regarded survey had 50,240 participants, with 53.9% of the respondents being female....
To read this blog post click here

No comments:

Post a Comment